Monday, March 2, 2009

My First Blog

I have decided to plunge into the world of blogging! I am not sure where this will go, but I thought I would give it a whirl. I have been working in the real estate profession now for a year. I have learned a tremendous amount in that time. I worked for 8-1/2 years as a family practice physician assistant before making the switch. It is a different profession, but uses so many of the same skills. I love working with people and getting to know them and building a relationship. That is the same in both professions. You want a health care provider that you can trust and when you are buying or selling a house, one of your biggest investments, you want someone you can trust. You want to relate to them. Also in both professions, you have to pay very close attention to details. In medicine, everything has to be charted and every test has to be followed up on. It is much the same in real estate, each inspection, appraisal, survey, title work, mortgage processing has to be closely followed and documented. Both also required juggling very busy schedules and I have learned to do both. I hope in this blog to share the things that I have learned and to keep those that follow this abreast of the market in this area. I have had a couple of closings recently that I have learned a lot from and I will post those in separate blog entries. So enjoy and feel free to give me some feedback!!

No comments:

Post a Comment